MWD Trading is a small proprietary trading firm in SW Denver (Ken Caryl and C470). We trade a variety of financial markets using a custom software system. We are looking for an experienced system administrator to manage our trading computers. Network performance is important to us; our trades depend on the network’s speed and reliability:
- Our day starts at 6am. We usually finish at 2 or 3. Overtime is unusual, lunch provided, wear what you want.
- Fulltime position, no travel, competitive salary, excellent benefits.
- Disciplined and calm. This is a frequently busy, sometimes stressful environment.
- Comfortable configuring and testing a variety of software, both in-house software and commercial products.
- Experienced with network routing on Windows. Comfortable with tracert, routing tables and multi-homed machines.
- Familiarity with the various kinds of network traffic (TCP, UDP Unicast, UDP Multicast).
- Basic Windows system administration; installing and upgrading Windows, configuring the standard Microsoft applications.
- Understanding of the OSI network layers model.
- Some scripting language experience, such as one of the following: VBScript, Perl, Python, Ruby.
- Linux and/or Solaris administration or performance tuning experience.
- Network tuning experience, at the NIC, router or OS levels.
- Basic Java or C# programming experience.